Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons low-fat butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 150 g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200deg Celsius Coat a 12 hole (1/2 c capacity) muffin tin with cooking spray. Sift flour into bowl and add sugar
- Combine milk, egg, vanilla, melted butter and lemon rind. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just smooth. The mixture will look lumpy but do not over-beat. Stir through blueberries (leave a couple for decoration on the top).
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake 18-20mins until golden. Let cool for 5mins before turning out onto a wire rack.