Top Review by Rainbowz
These are stupendously tasty. We splurge on a 'premium' lemon yogurt for these, don't want to use one that's fake flavoured. It costs a little bit more but the results are decidedly worthwhile and besides we want to keep these a rare special treat. Love these muffins, they've always come out moist and tender. We make a point of NOT making them all the time so they remain "special".
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, blend the wet ingredients, including lemon peel.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined-- do not over mix.
- Fill greased muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for five minutes before removing from pan; finish cooling on rack.