Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not really a loaf, really a lemon and blueberry drizzle cake. Very moreish and freezes really well (without the glaze). Taken from "Nova Scotia Cooking" by Charles Lief and Heather MacKenzie. Always comes out well.
- Heat oven to 180C/ 350°F.
- In a bowl cream butter and stir in sugar a little at a time.
- Beat in eggs.
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and lemon rind.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk to the butter mixture; blend until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries (if using frozen dust lightly in all-purpose flour).
- Put mixture in a greased10 x 6 inch loaf tin.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Carefully remove loaf from pan (after cooling slightly) and spoon topping over the warm loaf.