Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful, slightly chunky jam made without Pectin. For a more intense Lemon Flavor, add an extra teaspoon of Lemon Rind to the recipe.
- In large stainless steel or enamel pot, crush 3 cups blueberries with a potato masher.
- Add remaining berries, sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until thick, stirring often.
- Skim off any foam.
- Ladle jam into hot jars to within 1/4" of top rim.
- Can jam using preferred Safe Canning method.
Fabulous recipe - I ran the first couple of cups of blueberries through the blender for a slightly smoother base to the jam. I also substituted two cups Stevia for two cups of sugar. Once the jam reached a full boil that could not be stirred down, it was exactly 20 minutes before the pan of berries was thick and ready to be put in jars. Love the flavor and texture. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe.
My cooking time was much longer to make the jam thick, and I even added a bit of grated apple peel for natural pectin. However, the end result was delicious! I will be making this again. Thanks for such an easy recipe. :)
I ran into the same problem as some of the other posters....this jam was cooking for far more than 20 minutes...I was not using wild berries and this may be the difference but it was close to 90 minutes before this jam passed the gel test...awesome flavour though!