Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great, versatile recipe. Try subbing the lemon for lime and the blueberries for strawberries... or orange and raspberry... or any other combination you can think of! I like to frost with a simple vanilla buttercream, but a fruit-flavored icing (with lemon extract instead of vanilla, for example) would probably be great, too!
- 118.29 ml earth balance butter substitute
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml applesauce
- 354.88 ml flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml soymilk
- 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Blend the butter substitute, sugar, and applesauce together until creamy.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add dry mixture to the butter mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the soy milk.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Add blueberries and hand stir until evenly distributed through the batter.
- Fill lined or greased cupcake tins 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
These are delcious little cuppies of goodness. With the perfect blend of blueberries and lemon for a fantastic sweet/tart taste. The only deviance I made to your recipe was in the baking time. Mine took a full 23 minutes. And..I only got 16 medium size cupcakes. I think if you filled your papers almost to the top, 12 would work just fine as they don't puff up that much. Made for Theirs, Yours and Mine Recipetag~