Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Other berries could be substituted for the blueberries if desired. Easy to do and well received by guests. Serve warm with ice cream or whip cream. Can be done ahead and reheated.
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (quick cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted (regular or light)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- Place fruit in a small baking dish.
- Combine sugar, flour, oats, lemon rind and margarine.
- Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Dellightful! I loved the lemon flavor with the blueberries! I served with a dollop of whipped cream, but would be just as enjoyable with a little vanilla ice cream! Thanks, for a lovely dessert tonight!
We've had this five times over the last month so you can tell we really love it. So easy and so good. We didn't have quick cooking oats on hand, but the regular kind work just fine. Thanks, Tebo. (Also, if anyone knows how to get blueberry stains off flannel pajamas, please let me know.)
Very easy to prepare, yummy dessert. I used fresh berries and made the dessert ahead of time. Rewarmed in the oven for 10 minutes prior to serving. We enjoyed this. Thanks!