Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Here's a very pretty pie that goes great with summer barbecue dinners.
- 1 butter pie crust (see Basic Butter Crust)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (19 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust and line 1 9-inch pie plate.
- Freeze any remaining crust for later use.
- Add pie weights and cook for 10 minutes-remove weights and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in egg yolks, sugar, lemon rind and juice.
- Cool lemon-egg mixture over low heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- Spoon blueberry pie filling into the baked pie shell.
- Slowly pour lemon cream over top of blueberries.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Chill 4 hours or overnight.