Cook1 hr 10 mins
I've made this one before and had lost the recipe. Found it again in a recipe group emailing today...HURRAY!! This is really good; moist and flavorful, sweet yet tangy. Make sure to use the glaze; it adds that extra zip to the cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix (can use a yellow cake mix instead)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, cream cheese, oil, extracts and water; beat on low speed until blended; scrape bowl, add the grated lemon zest and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in the blueberries by hand then pour batter into the prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake in the in the 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Mix the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cooled cake.
Made this recipe as written, omitting sugar, and it came out delicous! Used fresh, grated lemon peel. Took a bit longer (70 min) to bake in my oven, but worth the extra time. My DH loved it and asked me to make this again!
Quick, easy, delicious! I even added a few more blueberries than the recipe called for. Family loved it! Thanks for a great recipe!
I have made this cake numerous times and it always turns out perfect. It's delicious and I always get rave reviews. I have used frozen drained blueberries, and it worked fine (though I prefer fresh). I have also omitted the lemon extract and just added a little extra zest on occasion. I will continue to make this cake, as I get many requests. It's really good!!