Recipe by Shannon 24
This is a delicious cake! It from the Martha Stewart Everday Foods magazine (Issue #5). I have made it twice. It is sweet and moist, not too tangy or tart. Wonderful recipe.
Top Review by Loren N.
I made an account on this site (finally) just to write this review. This cake is amazing! I only had a 6 cup bundt cake pan so I halved the recipe and baked for about 45 minutes. I added a bit more lemon zest into the batter as well. This was the first bundt cake I've ever made and I'll definitely be making it again soon.
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml all-purpose flour, for blueberries
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml blueberries
- 29.58 ml grated lemon zest
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 473.18-709.77 ml icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter, and both sugars on high, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until completely combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture with the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, toss blueberries, zest and remaining flour.
- Fold into batter.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake cake on bottom rack of oven for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 20 minutes, then invert onto rack. Cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine the juice of two lemons with 2-3 cups of icing sugar, until desired consistency has been reached.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.