Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious cake! It from the Martha Stewart Everday Foods magazine (Issue #5). I have made it twice. It is sweet and moist, not too tangy or tart. Wonderful recipe.
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml all-purpose flour, for blueberries
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml blueberries
- 29.58 ml grated lemon zest
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 473.18-709.77 ml icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter, and both sugars on high, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until completely combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture with the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, toss blueberries, zest and remaining flour.
- Fold into batter.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake cake on bottom rack of oven for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 20 minutes, then invert onto rack. Cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine the juice of two lemons with 2-3 cups of icing sugar, until desired consistency has been reached.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.
Today I made this cake, after trying to find a good recipe for lemon cake and this one is Super good and very moist I followed as directed , and in the end of my batter I added 2 spoons of fresh lemon juice, perfect a recipe to keep thanks allot Shannon for posting It :)
I have made this twice and the cake is so, so delicious!! The only problem I have is getting the glaze the right texture. The first time it was just way too thin. The second time it was better and it tasted good but it doesn't look like the picture. Regardless, like I said, it is delicious and everyone asks me for the recipe.
Despite all the steps this was pretty easy to make and looks GORGEOUS! Loved the taste - blueberries and lemon together: what a wonderful combination. Thank you for sharing this Shannon!