This is a delicious cake! It from the Martha Stewart Everday Foods magazine (Issue #5). I have made it twice. It is sweet and moist, not too tangy or tart. Wonderful recipe.
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, for blueberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 -3 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter, and both sugars on high, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until completely combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture with the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, toss blueberries, zest and remaining flour.
- Fold into batter.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake cake on bottom rack of oven for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 20 minutes, then invert onto rack. Cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine the juice of two lemons with 2-3 cups of icing sugar, until desired consistency has been reached.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.