Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious cake! It from the Martha Stewart Everday Foods magazine (Issue #5). I have made it twice. It is sweet and moist, not too tangy or tart. Wonderful recipe.
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, for blueberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 -3 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter, and both sugars on high, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until completely combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture with the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, toss blueberries, zest and remaining flour.
- Fold into batter.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake cake on bottom rack of oven for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 20 minutes, then invert onto rack. Cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine the juice of two lemons with 2-3 cups of icing sugar, until desired consistency has been reached.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.
I made an account on this site (finally) just to write this review. This cake is amazing! I only had a 6 cup bundt cake pan so I halved the recipe and baked for about 45 minutes. I added a bit more lemon zest into the batter as well. This was the first bundt cake I've ever made and I'll definitely be making it again soon.
Today I made this cake, after trying to find a good recipe for lemon cake and this one is Super good and very moist I followed as directed , and in the end of my batter I added 2 spoons of fresh lemon juice, perfect a recipe to keep thanks allot Shannon for posting It :)
I have made this twice and the cake is so, so delicious!! The only problem I have is getting the glaze the right texture. The first time it was just way too thin. The second time it was better and it tasted good but it doesn't look like the picture. Regardless, like I said, it is delicious and everyone asks me for the recipe.