Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemons, zest of
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour an 8x4 Inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, and beat well.
- Mix in the juice of 1 lemon.
- Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries.
- Pour into prepared 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine 1/4 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Drizzle over cake while still warm.
Very good and lemony!
I have made this 4 times now. The first 2 were gone in a day without sharing, the 3rd one I shared a little, the 4th one is cooling on the counter and I am dying to get into it! I do not use the lemon zest....I did in the first one and didn't like the texture and didn't notice a difference in flavor. I have used real lemon juice and the plastic lemon juice and can't tell a big difference either way. My sister didn't think it was very "lemony" and she had the real lemon w/ lemon zest. I guess it isn't overwhelming lemon flavor, but sure is the buttery, dense, yummy cake I was looking for! I microwave the glaze and stir so it dissolves and add it the last 5-10 mns of baking. I used fresh blueberries and didn't do anything special to them and never had any problem with them ending up on the bottom. Thanks for sharing.
Delicious! The lemon glaze really enhances the lemon flavor. This is easy too!