Although beauty can be deceiving, there ARE times you want to give plain-jane ingredients a makeover! Here is a quick and simple way to dress up ice cream. Make fresh blueberry-lavender sauce and gingersnap serving cups that are sure to summon oooooohs and ahhhhhs!
- In a small sauce pan, bring the blueberries, lavender, sugar and cornstarch to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat the stir in lemon juice and a dash of salt.
- *This sauce is also great for pancakes, pound cake or cheesecake!
- Gingersnap Ice Cream Cups:.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree F. Grind the cookies in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, place them in a zip bag and roll them with a rolling pin.
- Mix in the butter, sugar and salt. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Scoop about 2 Tb. of the mixture into each cup. Use a small cup to press each scoop of mixture, shaping it into a tiny cup. Bake the cups for 12-15 minutes. Allow them to cool, then lift them out with your fingers or a small knife. Makes 10-12.
- Place one scoop of ice cream in each cup and top with blueberry-lavender sauce.