1/1 Photo of Blueberry Lavender Pie Filling for Canning
1 hr 15 mins
Enjoy a taste of summer in the middle of the winter with this easy canning recipe. The following is for one quart jar, which easily fills one pie. Multiply it to use as many berries as you can get your hands on. I also add fresh lavender flowers since I've got a great local lavender farm, but if you do, please be careful to use them sparingly as they can quickly overpower the berry taste. If you are unsure on how to use lavender, read up online first. *DO NOT SUBSTITUTE CLEAR JEL*! This is important. You probably won't find it at your local grocery store, but you can easily order it online. I found mine at a specialty candy and cake decorating store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Please read up on proper canning practices before you begin this recipe. This is intended to be used with a water bath canner. Sterilize your jars, rings and lids while you prepare the filling.
- 2Stem, wash and sort your berries well. Measure and set aside.
- 3Measure the water, sugar, Clear Jel, lemon juice and lavender into a heavy pot and heat on medium high.
- 4Stir or whisk vigorously to prevent lumps. Continuously stir so the mixture doesn't scorch onto the bottom. The mixture will start to thicken quickly. Boil for a minute.
- 5Add the berries and stir to coat, cooking until the mixture returns to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- 6Carefully ladle the hot filling into your hot sterilized quart jars. Wipe the rims and place rubber sealed lids and rings onto your jars. Process in the water bath canner for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove the jars from the canner and allow to cool slowly. Once they have cooled, the lids should seal and will not pop up. Remove the rings, wipe the jars, label and date and store in a cool, dark place for up to one year. Share with the people you love.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Lavender Pie Filling for Canning
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: