Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You might just have to add this to your list of "must haves" breadfast table condiments! Use your own homegrown lavender or buy dried lavender from the health food store. Adapted from Country Living magazine.
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender leaves
- 1 (11 ounce) canfrozen white grape juice concentrate
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, washed, drained
- Make a lavender sachet:.
- Cut a piece of cheesecloth into a 6" square, place lavender in the center, and tie into a boundle with kitchen twine.
- Cook the jam:.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring lavender sachet, grape juice concentrate, and blueberries to a boil.
- Stir constantly to prevent burning, until the berry mixture jells, about 20 minutes. (To test whether mixture has jelled, place a teaspoonful on a plate and let cool to room temperature. Lightly touch the berry mixture with your finger to see if it has consistency of jelly. If not, continue to cook for 10 more minutes and check again by using the same method).
- Cover and steep for 2 hours.
- Store the jam:.
- Remove the lavender sachet and discard. Divide the jam between 2 pint jars. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to a month. Enjoy!