Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
You will love these yummy blueberry bars! Easy to put together and makes a lot more servings than a traditional blueberry pie. From Taste of Home magazine. Prep time does not include chilling of dough.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries or 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, flour, vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch to a boil.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Roll 2/3 of the dough into a 14 x 10 rectangle.
- Place in greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Top with filling.
- Roll out remaining dough to 1/4" thick.
- Cut into 1/2" wide strips and make a lattice crust over filling.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30- 35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
I made these for a party and everyone loved them! I had a hard time rolling the dough (it was sticking to everything and crumbling) so I waited till it was a little softer and just pressed it into shape. Tasted great and looked pretty.