Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From a brochure from Tammen's Treeberry Farm in Wilmington, Illinois. We pick 10 lbs. of fresh blueberries every year for $10, it lasts us the whole year! This is a great recipe! Kuchen is a German word for coffeecake.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 5 cups blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, then cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle with vinegar, stir until the dough forms.
- With floured fingers, press the mix into the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan.
- Spread 3 cups of blueberries over the pressed mix.
- In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar 2 tbsp flour, and cinnamon. Sprinkle this over blueberries.
- Bake at 400°F on lowest rack for 50-60 minutes.
- When cooled, sprinkle with remaining 2 cups of blueberries. Enjoy!