Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Old fashioned English desserts of pureed and whole fruit combined with whipped cream. A simple, comforting dessert. Taken from BH&G.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and cup up (about 1 cup)
- In a shallow dish mash 1 cup of the blueberries with a potato masher (or puree with a mini food processor).
- In a medium bowl beat whipping cream and sugar until cream is very stiff.
- Fold in mashed blueberries.
- In individual 6 to 7 ounce glasses or dishes, put a layer of whipped cream mixture and top with remaining blueberries and chopped kiwi.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 hours before serving.
This was sooooo easy to make and was so heavenly! I love kiwi and blueberries even though they are so expensive - it was totally worth it. I used 1 envelope of Splenda instead of sugar because I'm trying to cut back on sugar and since I was using real whipping cream - I thought it would be a nice health compromise. Regardless, it was absolutely wonderful. Thank you for sharing Jonesies! **** Made and reviewed for ZAARTAG****