Recipe by White Rose Child
So satisfying to invent a really good smoothie. Lots of nutrients, awesome fruity flavors and no fat here!
Top Review by mliss29
Wow! I forgot to soak the dates, so they ended up like little gummy surprises in the smoothie. Which was good, actually! But really the main thing I want to say is that I was *so* glad I had purchased enough kiwis to have this again the next day. This drink is *really* good! For take 2, I whirled the (unsoaked again) dates in the blender first with some water so they would mix in better. Not for me, mind you, but for my 5-year-old son who thought the date chunks were weird. I did both times have to use some water to get the blender going. Great recipe! Thank you! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC game.
- 2 ripe kiwi fruits, peeled
- 1 medium bananas or 1 large banana, frozen
- 3 honey dates
- 2⁄3 cup blueberries (sugarless blueberry preserves also work great!, fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour hot or boiling water over the dates in a small bowl and let soak for 5-10 minutes, to soften. Note: if using another, less sweet type of date, such as medjool, I'd suggest using one or two extra.
- Transfer dates (without water) and other ingredients to the blender. You can reserve some blueberries for garnish if you like. Blend until smooth. Stir in the extra berries.