A family favorite. My sister-in-law almost always brings it to Thanksgiving dinner. Try it with cherry jello and pie filling too!
- Dissolve Jell-O in water.
- Add pineapple and pie-filling, reserving 1/4 cup of pie-filling for garnish.
- Place Jell-O mixture in a large decorative glass bowl (one that holds about 6-8 cups) and chill until it sets up.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar and sour cream.
- Spread on top of Jell-O and top with reserved 1/4 cup pie-filling in center of cream mixture for garnish.
MMmmmmm, this is more like a desssert then a salad. I made it with the cherry jello and pie filling as that is what I had on hand, but its delicious. We well continue to make this salad. Thank yo so much for sharing.
Wow, this was excellent and very easy to make. It all went very quickly. This could also pass for a dessert very easily. I would recommend a wider bowl or pan so the top layer that is very sweet would be a little thinner. Thanks for sharing Marg.
Very quick and easy to put together - the kids loved it !