Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great side dish that everyone in my family really likes. It's great for holiday dinners since it can be made ahead of time. Even my mother who doesn't like jello likes this recipe. It's also very good using cherry jello and cherry pie filling.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages grape Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, not drained
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use light or fat free)
- 1 cup sour cream (can use light or fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix jello, boiling water, pineapple and pie filling together and refrigerate until set.
- When the jello is set, mix topping ingredients together and spread over jello.
This was so easy to make and was delicious too. Even my b-i-l asked for seconds and he usually doesn't are for jello. I'll definitely make again.
Great recipe from my childhood. Raspberry jell-o is also a very good substitution for the grape. I added a little bit of finley chopped pecans on the top-yummy and good texture.
We made it for Christmas instead of our usual cranberry jello salad. We also used the berry blue jello. It was good. My dad complimented it over and over. We will be making it again.