Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
When you only want to make a half recipe. This recipes uses only half of a 1.75 oz. packet of dry pectin.
- 2 cups blueberries, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dry low-sugar pectin
- 1 cup sugar
- Place crushed blueberries in a medium-sized pot.
- Add lemon juice and water and mix gently.
- Stir-in only HALF packet of the pectin. Save the other half for another half recipe.
- Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Add the sugar.
- Bring again to a boil and boil hard for one minute.
- Remove from heat and skim any foam.
- Ladle into half pint jars.
- Adjust caps and process 8 minutes.
I made 1/2 of this recipe ( 1/4!) -- 2 half pints of blue berry jam.
I had bought a container of blueberries which were a bit sour. This came out great!
I will make this again!