Recipe by Cynna
Excellent with coffee, a real breakfast treat! You can use any flavor jam with this. I find that blueberry and strawberry are my favorites!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled (cut into small pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup blueberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare crumb topping, combine 1/4 cup flour with cinnamon and brown sugar in small bowl. Using a fork, cut in two tablespoons of butter until mixture resembles course meal. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients (except sugar) and set aside.
- Combine in mixing bowl powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of butter and beat until well-blended(about 2 minutes). Add vanilla and almond extracts and the egg to the mixture and beat another 2 minutes. Combine milk and juice and add to sugar mixture and beat another 2 minutes.
- Add half the flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining flour and stir until just combined.
- Spoon half the batter into pan, spreading evenly.
- Top with jam.
- Spoon remaining batter over jam layer , spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle top with fresh blueberries and then top the blueberries with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Then remove from pan and let finish cooling on rack.