Use to top ice-cream,your favorite scones,toast, etc.! Makes a great gift wrapped with a pretty ribbon!
- Thaw and drain blueberries.
- Crush blueberries one layer at a time.
- Combine 3 cups crushed blueberries and lemon juice in a large saucepot.
- Stir in Fruit Jell pectin.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Return mixture to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam if necessary.
- Preserve It-.
- Ladle hot jam into hot "Ball" 8-oz jelly jar to 1/4 inch below rim.
- Wipe jar rim clean.
- Place lid on jar and tighten band, just until a point of resistance is met.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Cool for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove bands.
- Lids should be concave in middle.
- Yield: About 6 half pints.