- 3 (1/3 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 pints blueberries, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the gelatin and water, and let stand for 1 minute.
- Cook the gelatin/water over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, butter and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon into sterilized jars.