1/3 Photos of Blueberry Jalapeno Jelly
1 hr 30 mins
Savory and sweet with just a little heat, this jelly is prefect on just about anything. The recipe can be found here: http://lobsterandfishsticks.com/2009/06/12/blueberry-jalapeno-jelly/ I made two huge batches over the summer and gave it away for Christmas - it was a huge hit with everyone!
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, divided into two 1/4 c. portions
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons bell peppers, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 5 cups sugar, you can use 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda also, but not just Splenda
- 1 (4 ounce) box pectin, low sugar formula
- 1In one saucepan, combine the peppers, vinegar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 cup water. Cook on medium high for 20 minutes, then using a sieve, remove all the peppers from the liquid and set aside.
- 2In another saucepan, place blueberries, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup water and cook on medium high for 20 minutes, Strain with a cheesecloth or jelly bag.
- 3Combine both liquids into one of the pans, adding sugar/Splenda. Cook on medium low until the sugar dissolved. Skim any foam off of the surface.
- 4Bring mix to a boil and add 1 box pectin and bring to a rolling boil for one minute.
- 5Remove from heat, skim off any foam and ladle into sterilized jelly jars and place lids tightly on the jars.
- 6Boil in a hot water bath (with 1-2 inches of water over the lids) for 5 minutes.
- 7Set on counter to cool and to set. Listen for the lids to pop. They could pop anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours afterward.
- 8If they do not pop, they are not sealed and will need to be refrigerated and used immediately.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Jalapeno Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 204.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 179.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g