Recipe by InAHurry
I got this recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens issue June 2006. I made it last weekend and it was so amazing. I made mine with frozen blueberries and lite ice cream.
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 33 cookies)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, vanilla wafers and 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Toss to mix well. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan to form a firm, even crust. Chill about 1 hour or until firm.
- While crust is chilling, in a small saucepan combine water and blueberries (if using frozen blueberries use 1/4 cup water). Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together sugar and cornstarch; stir into blueberry mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Turn blueberry mixture into bowl; cool. Cover and chill completely.
- Place vanilla ice cream in a chilled bowl in refrigerator about 30 minutes or just until ice cream is softened. Carefully fold in chilled blueberry mixture to swirl. Spread ice cream mixture into prepared crust.
- Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges to serve.