Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens issue June 2006. I made it last weekend and it was so amazing. I made mine with frozen blueberries and lite ice cream.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, vanilla wafers and 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Toss to mix well. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan to form a firm, even crust. Chill about 1 hour or until firm.
- While crust is chilling, in a small saucepan combine water and blueberries (if using frozen blueberries use 1/4 cup water). Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together sugar and cornstarch; stir into blueberry mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Turn blueberry mixture into bowl; cool. Cover and chill completely.
- Place vanilla ice cream in a chilled bowl in refrigerator about 30 minutes or just until ice cream is softened. Carefully fold in chilled blueberry mixture to swirl. Spread ice cream mixture into prepared crust.
- Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges to serve.