1/5 Photos of Blueberry Ice Cream
24 hrs 30 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
Wonderful blueberry ice cream that can be made from either fresh or frozen blueberries. Great summer-time treat! The recipe comes from a Country Woman Magazine, which I purchased just for this recipe. (Prep-time is estimated cooking time and Cooking-time is freezing and ripening time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved and the blueberries are softened.
- 3Strain mixture and discard seeds and skins.
- 4Stir in cream.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full and freeze according to the manufactur's directions.
- 7Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- 8Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in regular freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 67.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 76.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g