Recipe by Mo-B
This ice cream is simply amazing. This is a Weight Watchers recipe from the WW Magazine in 2002. Should eat it within 10 days - of course, I never have a problem with it lasting too long!
- 1 pint blueberries, picked over
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup marshmallow creme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the blueberries, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, smashing and stirring the berries, until the mixture boils (about 5 minutes). Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the berries are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the berries to a blender or food processor and add the half and half. Puree until smooth.
- Poor mixture through a strainer into a medium bowl; whisk in the sour cream. (don't worry about lumps; they'll disappear in the ice cream maker).
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Whisk the marshmallow creme into the mixture (don't worry about lumps) and pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to your machine's directions. If possible, let the ice cream harden in the freezer at least 1 hour before serving.