Recipe by Nana Lee
This is the first of 3 ice cream recipes I found on another site. There is also a list of suggestions for successful ice cream making in another posted "recipe". The "cooking" time is variable due to your particular ice cream freezer. It is not included in the cooking time listed.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring blueberries, sugar, and salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Mash berries while stirring.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Purée mixture with milk just until smooth.
- Stir in cream.
- Strain mixture and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker instructions.