Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the first of 3 ice cream recipes I found on another site. There is also a list of suggestions for successful ice cream making in another posted "recipe". The "cooking" time is variable due to your particular ice cream freezer. It is not included in the cooking time listed.
- Bring blueberries, sugar, and salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Mash berries while stirring.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Purée mixture with milk just until smooth.
- Stir in cream.
- Strain mixture and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker instructions.
My little girl loved this! Blueberries are her favorite so I knew this would be a hit. Thanks for posting this Nana Lee!