Recipe by Cookin-jo
Honey adds a slightly different flavour to this beautiful and easy jam. Fresh or frozen berries may be used. Adapted from Topp and Howard.
Top Review by Lisa Gay
I used only half the amount of sugar (but all the honey) and it turned out yummy! I am now kicking myself because I canned all of it thinking one of the jars usually doesn't seal. Can you imagine how disappointed I am that every last one sealed???? I'm betting by morning my hubbie will have opned a jar anyway. He really liked it! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries, coarsely chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 85 ml liquid fruit pectin (2 7/8 ounces approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place blueberries, sugar, honey and lemon juice into a non-reactive saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Boil hard for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off the heat, stir in the pectin and ladle into hot sterilized jars.
- Seal and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Place hot jars on a towel on your counter and let cool overnight. Check seals.