1/4 Photos of Blueberry Heaven Wheat Pancakes/waffles
These are absolutely wonderful if I do so say myself. I used freshly fed starter. There are a number of starter recipes on Zaar that can be used to make Sourdough. These make delicious sourdough pancakes loaded with fresh blueberries. Since this is such a thick batter, it also works well for waffles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups of canned fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (I used Splenda sugar substitute without a problem)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups freshly washed blueberries
- maple syrup
- 1Pour milk into small saucepan and warm slightly.
- 2Combine the milk, flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- 3Slightly beat the eggs and add to flour mixture.
- 4Mix until thoroughly blended then stir in melted butter.
- 5Add the Sourdough starter and blueberries.
- 6Stir until combined.
- 7Allow dough to rest about 10 minutes.
- 8Allowing a well rounded 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook over medium heat on a preheated griddle until bubbles appear.
- 9Turn and continue continuing until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- 10Serve while warm with pure Maple syrup.
- 11If using batter for waffles the yield will be different and manufacturers cooking recommendations should be followed.
- 12I used a Belgian waffle maker which produces a 5x5 inch waffle.
- 13Each waffle required a scant 1/2 cup of batter.
- 14The cooking time is an estimate per pancake.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Heaven Wheat Pancakes/waffles
Serving Size: 1 (1233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: