Prep 50 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe by Gale Gand
Make and share this Blueberry Hazelnut Frangipane Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces hazelnuts, toasted,peeled,and cooled
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, picked over
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- Pate Sucree: In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), mix the flour and sugar.
- Add the butter and mix until coarse and sandy.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla together.
- Add to the flour mixture and mix at low speed just until combined.
- Turn out onto a work surface and form into a ball.
- Roll out dough to fit a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, lightly press it into the pan, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Filling: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse the hazelnuts and sugar just until sandy.
- Do not overprocess, or the mixture will become pasty.
- Add the butter and process just until blended.
- Add the eggs and process until blended.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the vanilla and flour, and process until smooth.
- Spoon into the unbaked tart shell.
- Spread 1 cup of the blueberries in a single layer over the frangipane.
- Bake until the frangipane is golden brown and puffy and the crust is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the jam and water to a boil.
- Immediately turn off the heat.
- Working quickly, add the remaining blueberries all at once and fold gently with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Pour into the center of the tart and gently spread over the entire surface.
- Let cool until set, then remove the sides of the pan.
- Serve at room temperature.