Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my Nanny's recipe for blueberry grunt and it's delicious! We have been making it for years. The dumplings are steamed with the blueberries - I could eat the whole recipe but try not to!
- Heat berries, sugar & water slowly till berries begin to boil. Simmer ( 5 minute or so) while making the dumplings.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder & sugar. Cut in butter & add milk to make soft dough.
- Drop dumplings by the tablespoon on the berries.
- Cover with heavy lid and cook 15 minute without raising the lid. Dumplings will double in size.
- Serve with cream (or milk).