This recipe is a bit lower in sugar, but still quite tasty. It relies more on the sweetness of the berries than sugar. It's good for breakfast, or you can have as dessert with ice cream or whipped cream. Prep time includes simmering time for blueberry sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine blueberries, sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, and water in a sauce pan.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- 3Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- 5Cut in the butter until it is incorporated throughout and crumbly.
- 6Stir in milk all at once and stir until just combined.
- 7Drop dumpling mixture by spoonfuls into simmering blueberry mixture (approximately 6 dumplings).
- 8Cover and simmer for 15 minutes - do not lift the lid during this time!
- 9Using a large spoon, transfer dumplings to bowls and cover with blueberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Grunt
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 414.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g