Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An flavorful and different cake, light and fruity and chock-full of antioxidants. Just in time for spring! I use frozen berries in this, but fresh is always better.
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon green tea powder (maccha)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease one 9x9 baking pan.
- Put first 4 ingredients into a small pot and heat under low heat until all the sugar melts. Then pour this mixture into a bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients and add them to the sugar mixture. Blend with an eggbeater until mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool.
- After it cools completely, remove it from the pan and cut it horizontally into 3 even layers. (Different kinds of ovens produce different degrees of heat, so please adjust the baking time accordingly to avoid over baking.).
- Whip the whipping cream and the sugar until fluffy. Keep a portion for decorating the top of the cake and mix the rest with the blueberries. Spread the blueberry whipped cream mixture on the cake layers as fillings in the middle.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the other portion of whipped cream and a handful of blueberries.