Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this on a handout at my Dr's office, it's from the Cancer Center of York County.
Make and share this Blueberry Granola Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- lightly grease a 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- In a medium sized saucepan combine honey, brown sugar, oil, and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Continue boiling for 2 minutes with out stirring.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and blueberries. Stir in honey mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Spread into the prepared baking pan, gently pressing mixture flat. Bake until lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack. Cut into 1 1/2 by 3 inch bars.
4 stars for taste & ease of preparation. I actually pressed a 1/4 cup or so of butterscotch chips on the top about halfway thru baking. However, these did not hold together at all & I used quick oats, as written. I think the blueberry to oats ratio is way off. But, they taste great and my kids ate theirs with forks. Kind of a deserty, crisp-type snack.
Yum! I made this today. All I had was rolled oats, but it was delicious! I had to eat it with a fork because it wasn't able to hold a bar form. I am guessing that it because of the rolled oats. I will make this again!