Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe appealed to me when first I did see, LOVE blueberries!!! How about thee? Won't be disappointed, different, TRUE! HOPE you will try it too!
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic (I use it from the jar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 lamb fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place wine, port, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, orange juice, and stock in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until mixture is reduced by half.
- BRUSH Lamb with oil and sprinkle with seasoning to taste.
- Grill, pan fry, or BBQ to desired doneness, turning 2-3 times.
- ADD blueberries to sauce until plump and juicy (About 5 minutes).
- Pour sauce over lamb and serve and don't forget to ENJOY!
- Please don't let the alcohol mixture turn you off to the recipe as we find the combination is just delightful!
The sauce was delicious, and I was drinking it with a spoon when it was done. The only comment I had was that the sauce was too thin even after reduction. I would reduce it further (an/dor use it for dipping and not just pouring over the lamb). Don't try to thicken it with cornstarch! Despite my better judgment, I tried to do this later and lost what the deliciousness of the sauce.
This was just like the Blueberry Lamb we had in a Restaurant in France..DH has been bugging me to find a recipe...This is it, Thanks so much!!