Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Super easy recipe, adapted from Duncan Hines. A nice muffin with a bit of oats in it, and the blueberries add a nice bit of sweetness. You can make regular or jumbo sized muffins(see note in instructions). I forgot to add the berries in the ingredient list--until the correction goes through, it should list 2 1/4 cups of berries. ;)
- Grease 24 (2 1/2 inch) muffin cups, heat oven to 400°.
- Toss the berries with about 3 tbsp of the cake mix.
- Mix remaining cake mix with oats and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and the melted butter, stir just until moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, loosen edges and remove from pan.
- ***Note***I used large muffin pans for jumbo sized muffins--bake at 350° for about 30 minutes--then start checking for doneness with a tester.
- I got 9 large muffins.
These were definitely easy. Mine didn't rise as much as the picture, either, and I used quick oats as well as everything else as described. I'm fussy, but I could tell from the taste that they were made with a cake mix, but they were still good.
I'm not rating these because I used regular rolled (old-fashioned) oats, that I did process slightly to chop (which I thought would replicate the quick). My muffins didn't rise as much as in the photo (and I know how consistent cake mixes are) so I'm assuming it was the oats. These were delicious tasting and still sold well at the bake sale (wrapped individually with plastic and used foil liners.) Roxygirl
Very Very Yummy, This is my new favorite, blueberry muffing recipe. Very easy, lite and taste. Great muffins!!!!