Recipe by ciao
Super easy recipe, adapted from Duncan Hines. A nice muffin with a bit of oats in it, and the blueberries add a nice bit of sweetness. You can make regular or jumbo sized muffins(see note in instructions). I forgot to add the berries in the ingredient list--until the correction goes through, it should list 2 1/4 cups of berries. ;)
Top Review by Chef Schellies
These were definitely easy. Mine didn't rise as much as the picture, either, and I used quick oats as well as everything else as described. I'm fussy, but I could tell from the taste that they were made with a cake mix, but they were still good.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats (not the instant or old-fashioned ones)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 1⁄4 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 24 (2 1/2 inch) muffin cups, heat oven to 400°.
- Toss the berries with about 3 tbsp of the cake mix.
- Mix remaining cake mix with oats and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and the melted butter, stir just until moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, loosen edges and remove from pan.
- ***Note***I used large muffin pans for jumbo sized muffins--bake at 350° for about 30 minutes--then start checking for doneness with a tester.
- I got 9 large muffins.