I saw a similar recipe on Diners Drive-In's and Dives but was never able to find the recipe so I created my own version. It turned out so yummy. I have just revised this to extend the cooking time from 25 mins to 40 mins per the 2 reviews below. i have also found that cooking it longer helps to set it better. Chilling it also helps.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 9 inches deep dish pie shells
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine first 7 ingredients, mix with spoon until smooth. Fold in blueberries and basil. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell, Combine melted butter, granulated sugar and sliced almonds and spread over top of pie. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Pie will set better if it is chilled.