Recipe by Mysterygirl
I love this unusual gingerbread recipe and have always gotten great reviews. I got the recipes years ago from a cookbook that Benson & Hedges put out. (I haven't smoked since 1986 so you can tell that I have had this for a long time.)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With mixer, beat together oil, 1 C sugar, salt and molasses.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, spices and baking soda, dredge blueberries with 2 Tbsp of mixture.
- Add remaining flour mixture to first mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 12 x 7 baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with butter.
- May be served with whipped cream for dessert.