Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The New York Times, adapted from Todd Gray, Equinox Restaurant, Washington. Can be used with Apple Cider Doughnuts.
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peeled finely grated fresh ginger
- zest from 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Place over high heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer until thick and shiny, about 30 minutes.
- May be served warm as a sauce, or allowed to cool completely (it will thicken more upon cooling) and served as a spreadable jam.
- Yield: 2 cups.