1/2 Photos of Blueberry-Ginger Corn Muffins
Love ginger. Love the combination of cornmeal and blueberries. Now I can have all three. This lighter version comes out to 2 points per serving. They are smallish by most standards but perfectly sized for WW folk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (frozen are slightly better as they don't burst and bleed during baking) or 1 cup fresh blueberries (frozen are slightly better as they don't burst and bleed during baking)
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely diced
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Treat 12 muffin tins with a light coating of cooking spray.
- 2Combine dry ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl. Mix to insure a good blend.
- 3Mix wet ingredients (milk through egg) together in separate bowl.
- 4Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix until just blended. Fold berries and ginger into the muffin batter.
- 5Place heaping tablespoons of batter into the ttreated muffin tin. About 1/3 cup batter per mufin.
- 6Bake 12-15 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Ginger Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: