Recipe by MarraMamba
Found this on a political site, she was going to celebrate the health care vote with it and had to have the recipe! It takes about a week to dissolve the berries but can be used after two or 3 days. Prep time includes this
- 1 (8 ounce) box blueberries, fresh
- 750 ml gin, whichever one you prefer
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw the blueberries and gin in a mason jar, and let this sit for about a week (it actually only takes two to three days for the blueberries to dissolve, so it just depends on how blue you want it).
- Boil the vanilla bean and sugar in a cup of water for about 1/2 hour or so, and stick in the fridge to cool (or not, it can be hot if it your pouring it on ice).
- Squeeze 1/2 a lemon in a glass of ice, pour in vanilla syrup to taste, pour in gin. Shake (I like to shake mine in a martini shaker), garnish with a couple blueberries, and drink!