Blueberry cake. Simple and delicious. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
Make and share this Blueberry Gateau recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and flour a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 1 cup flour with baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy (medium speed).
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time and beat until blended.
- Reduce mixer to low and slowly add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl toss the blueberries with the lemon juice and the remaining sugar and flour.
- Spoon blueberries evenly over the batter (do not press down).
- Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven until a tester inseted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool on a wire rack, use a knife to loosen cake from sides of pan if necessary.
- Transfer to cake plate.
- Serve warm or cold, if desired sprinkle with confectioners sugar.