Recipe by chia
i love this because i can use a prepared pie crust and it's quick to throw together. berries are my favorite part of summer.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- grated lemon, zest of (to garnish) (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425.
- line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- in a large bowl stir together blueberries, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, 1/2 c sugar, cinammon and salt until combined.
- unwrap the pie dough and unfold onto a baking sheet.
- spoon the berry mixture into the center of the dough, leaving a 1 inch border.
- fold the edge of dough over the berries, pleating.
- dot butter over top of blueberries, brush the pastry with beaten egg.
- sprinkle pastry edge with remaining sugar.
- bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling.
- garnish with grated zest, if desired.