Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
i love this because i can use a prepared pie crust and it's quick to throw together. berries are my favorite part of summer.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- grated lemon, zest of (to garnish) (optional)
- cooking spray
- preheat oven to 425.
- line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- in a large bowl stir together blueberries, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, 1/2 c sugar, cinammon and salt until combined.
- unwrap the pie dough and unfold onto a baking sheet.
- spoon the berry mixture into the center of the dough, leaving a 1 inch border.
- fold the edge of dough over the berries, pleating.
- dot butter over top of blueberries, brush the pastry with beaten egg.
- sprinkle pastry edge with remaining sugar.
- bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling.
- garnish with grated zest, if desired.
Great recipe. Just make sure your pie crust has no little cracks or breaks to let the juices leak out, even with foil on the sheet pan!
This is great. It's from Epicourious' Gourmet July 04 issue.
Just doesn't get any easier than this, I used 2 cups blueberries and 1 cup raspberries, it was like make a pie without any dishes, I served it with some vanilla ice cream, a quick dessert.