Recipe by Sharon123
Topped with fresh blueberries, raspberries, sliced peaches, or a dollop of whipped cream, you're in heaven! Created by Melissa Williams, via Delicious Living magazine.
- 118.29 ml rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 236.59 ml chopped dates (about 10 large dates)
- 118.29 ml almond meal (I whiz whole almonds in the food processor)
- 14.79 ml honey (or agave nectar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, etc.)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 532.32 ml fresh blueberries (about 11 oz.)
- 2 (340.19 g) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 59.14 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 44.37 ml honey (or agave nectar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup,etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make crust:.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Lightly coat a 9" pie dish with cooking spray. Pulse oats in a food processor until grainy. Add dates and almond meal. Pulse 15-20 times. Move to a mixing bowl. Stir in honey and egg white with a fork until well incorporated. Using wet fingers, press the mixture into a pie dish. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- To make filling:.
- Puree the berries in a food processor. Add yogurt, milk, and honey; mix until smooth. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze until mixutre reaches a soft consistency, about 20 minutes.
- Top cooled crust with yogurt mixture. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours, or overnight.