Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Topped with fresh blueberries, raspberries, sliced peaches, or a dollop of whipped cream, you're in heaven! Created by Melissa Williams, via Delicious Living magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup chopped dates (about 10 large dates)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal (I whiz whole almonds in the food processor)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, etc.)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries (about 11 oz.)
- 2 (6 ounce) containers low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup,etc.)
- To make crust:.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Lightly coat a 9" pie dish with cooking spray. Pulse oats in a food processor until grainy. Add dates and almond meal. Pulse 15-20 times. Move to a mixing bowl. Stir in honey and egg white with a fork until well incorporated. Using wet fingers, press the mixture into a pie dish. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- To make filling:.
- Puree the berries in a food processor. Add yogurt, milk, and honey; mix until smooth. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze until mixutre reaches a soft consistency, about 20 minutes.
- Top cooled crust with yogurt mixture. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours, or overnight.