Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Mmmm, mmmm, good.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries (floured)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, set aside.
- Beat milk and eggs together, fold into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil. Cook 4 minutes on one side then turn. Cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- * Add small amount of flour into blueberries. Gently stir until berries are coated. This will separate the berries and make them easier to fold into fritter mixture.
Not exactly the healthiest breakfast, but once in a while . . .yum.
Bought some very tasty blueberries at Costco. Got about 2 dozen small fritters.
And the two of us ate all but 4. Hey, I SAID they were small. And I didn't even need lunch after that! Feingold Mom, Thanks for posting,. . . Janet