Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the 1987 Alabama Blueberry Festival.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- Combine 2 T. flour and blueberries; toss lightly and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Combine egg and milk; gradually add to flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Heat 3 or 4" of oil to 375 degrees in Dutch oven.
- Drop 3 or 4 heaping tablespoons at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown on one side; turn and cook 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
good recipe, paired with a creme anglaise!!
Goodness gracious these were good. I emailed the recipe to my mom and daddy made them yesterday afternoon! Thanks for a great new recipe!